Monday, February 18, 2008

Going on a Mini Vacation!!!!

Since my oldest two, Tiera and Jalen, are on a mid-winter break at their school, today my family and I leave for Ludington Michigan for some R and R. This will give me some time to read a trilogy of books by Walter Wink. These books, “Naming the Powers, Unmasking the Powers, and Engaging the Powers,” address the concept of structural sin and evil as well as a Biblical response, which Wink contends is non-violent. If you have heard Rob Bell or Shane Claiborne speak of “the myth of redemptive violence,” you are in fact hearing the influence of Walter Wink. This will help me put my arm around the worldview of Shane Claiborne so that I can provide a more accurate picture of his beliefs when I unpack his teachings in the next few weeks or so on this blog site.

blessings,

Joel

No comments: